DWOS Crown & Bridge CAD Software
The foundation of prosthetic design within DWOS, the extensive capabilities of the Crown & Bridge module provide simple and efficient workflows and flexible tools to meet the most demanding dental situations.
Extensive design capabilities
DWOS Crown & Bridge application includes a multitude of features to create all types of crown restorations:
- Full contour crowns and bridges • Overpressed crowns and bridges
- Copings and bridge frameworks • Hollow pontics
- Telescopic crowns (parallel axis groups) • Attachments
- Anatomical telescopes • Post & core
- 3/4 crowns with retention beads • Design a single custom abutment
- Inlays, onlays and veneers
For maximum flexibility, an indication change during the design session is possible at any time. Switch from simple coping to full crown, split a bridge into three due to diverging preparations, or remove a pontic as a result of lack of space.
Access to multiple libraries
The open architecture offered by the DWOS software platform allows dental professionals to work with a very wide range of materials, implant kits, crown anatomies, etc. Furthermore, new and customization of existing libraries can also be created. Available libraries and kits:
- Material libraries
- Anatomy libraries (Merz, Vita, Candulor)
- Implants kits
- Attachments (Rhein83®, Bredent®)
Intuitive shaping of crown elements
The familiar dental tool references used across the DWOS software platform facilitate a smooth transition from analog to digital, with little training required. The ability to switch between editing tools on any given prosthesis and the real-time visualization of the changes make the design process completely intuitive.
- Simultaneous across-arch design capability
- Clinical handles with transparent viewing ensure morphologically-correct shapes
- Real-time cut-back computation
- Global transforms enable the scaling, rotation, and positioning of the active object
- Virtual waxer simulates the regular waxing knife, but gives free-form access to using the morphing mode
Automatization of the prosthesis design workflow
DWOS features several automatization tools to ensure an efficient design workflow and consistent results:
- Automatic adjustment of minimum thickness
- Mirror anatomy of contralateral
- Wax-up adaptation
With the Crown & Bridge Wizard, dental technicians with a minimal amount of training can generate production-ready, full contour crowns and bridges with ease. The Wizard guides the user through the entire process, from scan to generation, of the production files.
The Virtual Articulator improves the process by adding kinematic analysis. This highlights the occlusion contact zones and automatically proposes the required prosthesis design modifications. The precise occlusion simulation significantly reduces the time required for chairside occlusion adjustments, facilitating the overall in-mouth seating procedure.